Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

Treasure Hunting.

For the last few weeks my wonderful auntie has been visiting from Australia, and last week she returned home. Unfortunately I was quite ill so couldn't see her off at the airport (damn this weak immune system!!) so I thought I'd share one of the best days out we had whilst she was over here.



So on an unusually sunny day we drove into the county and found a huge lake next to a watermill. Now back in the day this watermill was used for pottery and such, and so when they made errors or had any rubbish, they'd just chuck it in the river!! Consequently the lake we found was a gold mine for long lost treasures.



We pulled on our wellies and searched for a good couple of hours and found some real beauties!! The first thing I found was the ceramic dolls head, so I knew it was going to be a good hunt!! 




As you can see we found a ton of stuff, and honestly I had so much fun. I think I get it from my dad who enjoys searching through skips for thrown out treasures. When we got in we put all of it in a bowl of bleach for a few hours to disinfect it, and they turned out lovely. I'm considering turning a few of the pieces, such as the 'harm her' shard into jewellery, it would be simply darling!! 

So yeah, I just wanted to share this stupendous day with you, just to show that beauty and fun can be found anywhere. Even at the bottom of a cold lake, covered in mud.

I've got a couple of exciting posts in the works, so keep your eyes peeled!! Until then, thanks for stopping by!!

Lucy

"We're all made of Star Stuff."


No comments:

Post a Comment