Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

My desk and Ikea goodies!!

Hello again!! So yesterday I visited Ikea with some good friends, where we looked at furniture, ate meatballs (I've never tried them before, they were AMAZING!!) and planned our future homes. It was such a great day, and as someone who is obsessed with finding the perfect space, and making everything just so; I was inspire to re-arrange my writing space. I think I've finally got it just the way I want it.



So this is cactus corner. I love cactus's and succulents, they never die on me (apart from one that decided end it all by falling out the pot). I got some new additions yesterday, my favourite being the one at the back that looks like a foot. Here I also have an astray from the 30s which my dad gave me, it's made of a special glass which mean's it glows under UV light. 




This corner of my desk is dedicated to all my space books. I'd like to say it's a collection but if I'm honest it's more of an obsession!! Whenever I see an old book about astronomy or space I just have to have. Is the 1977 yearbook of astronomy going to be of much help to me? No, but I had to have it. The sweet little glass mug in this photo is another thing from Ikea, and as I thought it would be perfect for my green tea whilst working. 






At the end of my desk I have a small chest of drawers, made by my great Granddad who I unfortunately never met. He was an excellent craftsman though, I also have his old pipe as a keepsake. I keep a lot of my favourite nick-nacks on top including some beautiful bits of pottery I found with my aunt in a river, which I wrote about here. I'm always caught between small minimalist white spaces and crowded rooms over-flowing with oddities and memories. I think my desk is definitely the latter, and I love it the way.
The last few bit's I got yesterday include this beautiful bed spread which I have been obsessing over. I've always loved botanical prints and drawings of plants, and at 10 quid this was a steal!! I also got some plain clip frames (not that exciting) but I've needed them to frame these lovely pages from an old book.



So that's it for the moment, what's your work space like? Is it as messy and unorganised as mine? Let me know in the comments!! Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you next time!!

Lucy

"We're all StarStuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment